Can pumpkins work as dewormers

Jaguza Farm Support > Topics > Can pumpkins work as dewormers

Can pumpkins work as dewormers

Home Forums Pig diseases & handling Can pumpkins work as dewormers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

We really recently discovered my piglets have a big problem with worms and at this age they shouldn’t. When we first brought them home we put them in a vacant area we had left. We had cleaned it up, and had been vacant since December. But, we did not disinfect the area.My husband told me that the pumpkins should take care of the worms. My questions is, are pumpkins really an effective de-wormer for pigs? I’ve heard that it takes a really big amount of pumpkin to work for goats as a de-wormer.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Pumpkin seeds are said to be a wormer. I would use the ivermectin first to make sure then give them all the pumpkin treats they desire. A regular maintenance of natural products is a good thing, but not always enough.

Caroline Kwerizeye
    Participant

I believe Pumpkins can help but i works more like a treat or a compliment to a proper prescribed de-wormer.

Samson Kibalya
    Participant

This is something new that am learning, thank you for sharing.

Geoffrey Joe
    Keymaster

Well….i dont i can work independently without any drug. However, you can try it but also seek advice from the vet too. Drugs may be more effective or faster than the pumpkins

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error:
ASK JAGUZA AI  
WhatsApp Contact Jaguza Support